Wednesday, August 1, 2007

$1 yarn!!

So, today was a wonderful day. Mostly because on the way home from a story I was reporting on, I stopped at Michael's to buy a new yarn needle (I lost mine sometime in the last week). I hadn't been there in a while (my yarn diet and all...) so I was amazed when I found all this sale yarn. I thought I would buy some Fancy Fur because that knits up quickly into a scarf (a friend's birthday passed and I'm still knitting her present. So I found a ball of that. And then...there was Moda Dea Sassy Stripes. I was going to just buy 2 balls because I thought they were $3. But then I looked at the tag, and it said $1 per skein!!!
I went kind of delirious and bought 4, but I guess I'll make socks out of them (hopefully the socks won't be too thick...). They are all the same color (supposedly the same dye lot, but probably not. I've grown not to care too much about that with socks anymore. You'll understand when you see my 2nd jaywalker) so I figure that I'll make matching socks for me and my mom or a friend or something.
I'm usually a bit snooty when it comes to sock yarn but this was ONE DOLLAR YARN!!! Hopefully it won't deteriorate when I start to knit it.
Since I can't have a post without a picture, my friend Sam just came back from England and here's the vest I made her:

I love it with the tie. She sat all day in this on the 21st and read the HP book while people walked by and looked at her like she was crazy. I think it looks great and it fits her perfectly! She looks like such a Slytherin. Maybe they will hire me to make vests for the next movie!
Over the weekend my friends and I were watching a special about the new HP movie, which I didn't like that much except for all the knitted sweaters and stuff. So now I'm going to try to find more screencaps of the costumes so I can attempt to make them (they will probably be finished by the time the 7th movie comes out).
Anyway, I must get back to work.
Love always,
A.Co

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Model is very cute and I want $1.00 sock!! (Could match my other one)